This week Gartner reported that consumers will spend a headline figure of £3.8 billion pounds ($6.2 billion USD) in mobile apps during this year. The forecast estimates total downloads to be 4,500,000,000. The numbers are eye wateringly large.

Gartners forecast goes on to mention that 82 per cent of downloads would be free apps - leaving 18 per cent of downloads to come up with cash.

4.5 billion downloads is quite staggering - even if Apple is set to announce its about to hit its 3 billionth download.

Want to read me - ??


Tags: mobile apps, research

Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.

Meet the author

Photo for Damien Saunders
Damien Saunders
An experienced management consultant and business leader interested in digital transformation, product centred design and scaled agile. If I'm not writing about living with UCTD (an autoimmune disease), I'm probably listening to music, reading a book or learning more about wine.
Find our more about me.