MarsEdit the preferred desktop and offline blogging application for WordPress and Apple Mac users has updated.This is mostly a bug-fix release and the update will automatically install for most users.
What’s in this release?
The release note highlights a few good things for WordPress users such as:
- Media Manager now remembers and restores last-selected folder across launches
- Fix a bug that prevented custom text and background color preferences from working in rich text mode
- Add protections to avoid crashing on some malformed server responses
- Fix a bug where only the first paragraph was styled with e.g. multi-paragraph blockquote
MarsEdit brings desktop blog editing to your Mac
I’ve been using MarsEdit for about 12 months now. It means I can draft and prepare articles for publishing later and don’t need a internet network connection. I also use Scrivener to write all my articles and then just copy / paste to MarsEdit to publish.
MarsEdit works with WordPress
MarsEdit works really well with WordPress, though you can use it with many other blogging platforms like Blogger for instance.
MarsEdit allows you to easily:
- Create Drafts and save locally
- Set a future publishing date
- Set a status for your post such as Draft or Publish
- Add custom fields for images
- Drag n drop images
- Edit already published posts
- Set warnings to prevent you publishing without adding any category or tags
Are you using MarsEdit yet?Tags:
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.