There’s no better sound than the reassuring ‘Beep at the Checkout Register’. So now you have your own Android mobile phone -here’s a few barcode scanning things you can do at home or in the shops.
First you need the best Android Barcode Scanner - which now has integration with Google search on the mobile.
- Add a book to your Amazon Wishlist - just snap the barcode and save to list
- Catalogue your books at home using Anobiit from Anobii
- Catalogue your CD’s with Kooaba
- Look up reviews of that Wine you’ve just been drinking - Wine by the Bar is the perfect app for you
- Compare prices for that Electrical Gadget - Scan the Barcode and search online for it
- Create your own Barcode - After installing Barcode Scanner, open your Android Contacts .. everyone now has a 2D code
- Look up tourist guides from 2D barcodes -
- Find something new to put on your phone - Androlib.com will help you then turn on the barcode scanner and point it at the 2D code on the screen
To get the Barcode Scanner - go to Android Market on your phone or go to Androlib.com on your PCTags:
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.