WordPress 3.3.2 is here - and it’s not to be confused with the 3.4 beta releases. Being a point release, you shouldn’t expect significant changes.
WordPress 3.3.2 is a security release, which means it’s critical that you update your site. The release note for this
- Media Upload - the Flash Uploader and the newer Plupload have been updated
- Vulnerability where a site administrator could deactivate network-wide plugins
- Cross-site scripting vulnerability when making URLs clickable and in redirects after posting comments in older browsers, and when filtering URLs.
How to Update Safely
This is very easy to do from any logged in user page - but you should always follow a simple process
- Make sure you have a current WordPress database backup
- Enable your Maintenance mode page.
- Disable any / all plugins
- Run update
- Update any plugins that also got updated
- Enable all plugins that you need
- Check for any new issues
- Disable your maintenance mode
Having Problems with this update? then read 3 steps to recover from WordPress website killers
STILL NEED SOME HELP? THEN I’M AVAILABLE TO HIRE
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.