WordPress just updated to 3.1.4 and so that means it’s time to update your WordPress install. Hopefully this will be the last release before we can all use version 3.2
This is a maintenance and security update for all previous WordPress versions. So that means it’s a mandatory update.
What’s in this release?
This is a security release which fixes an issue that could allow a malicious Editor / user to gain further access to the site.
Version 3.1.4 also incorporates several other security fixes and hardening measures.
How to Back-up
This is very easy to do from any logged-in wp-admin page - but you should always follow a simple process like this:
- Make sure you have a current WordPress database
- Enable your Maintenance mode page.
- Disable any / all plugins
- Run update
- Update any plugins that also got updated
- Enable all plugins that you need
- Check for any bugs or other issues
- Disable your Maintenance Mode.
Source: WordPress Codex
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.