WordPress just released 3.2.1 so that means it’s time to update your WordPress install. This is a minor update and only a week since 3.2 was launched..
What’s in this release?
There isn’t much from a user or admin perspective, but you don’t normally expect that in a point release.
The main deliverables in the release are:
• Changes to the default Twenty Eleven theme
• some RTL (right to left) fixes.
• set browser default font to sans-serif.
How to Update WordPress safe & easy
This is very easy to do from any wp-admin page - but you should always follow a simple process
- Make sure you have a current backup of your WordPress database
- Enable your Maintenance mode page.
- Disable any / all plugins
- Run update
- Update any plugins that also got updated
- Enable all plugins that you need
- Check for any new issues
- Disable your maintenance mode
Something Broken? 3 steps to fix WordPress
Still stuck or need help with your updating - try 3 steps to fix common WordPress website killers.
Source: Codex WordPress
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.