WordPress 3.3 is here - I’ve been a little slow in posting this as I was busying myself checking a number of websites have all updated ok. But now it’s time. Get updating!
If you haven’t already figured out that something new is happening with WordPress then read - Getting to grips with WordPress 3.3
Should you update now?
Yes - update to WordPress 3.3 as soon as possible in order to take advantage of the new features.
How to Update Safely
This is very easy to do from any logged in user page - but you should always follow a simple process
- Make sure you have a current WordPress database backup
- Enable your Maintenance mode page.
- Disable any / all plugins
- Run update
- Update any plugins that also got updated
- Enable all plugins that you need
- Check for any new issues
- Disable your maintenance mode
Having Problems with this update? then read 3 steps to recover from WordPress website killersTags:
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.