The next version of WordPress is here - it’s going to make the admin section look awhole lot different.
So it’s true - WordPress 3.2 is here and after a couple of months anticipation it’s time to update.
What’s in WordPress 3.2?
It has a great new look to the admin section. The whole backend doesn’t look so tired. The admin performance should also be somewhat faster.
Should you update now?
Yes - update to WordPress 3.2 as soon as possible in order to take advantage of the new features. Be warned, if you haven’t heard IE6 is not supported along with PHP4
How to Update Safely
This is very easy to do from any wp-admin page - but you should always follow a simple process
- Make sure you have a current WordPress database backup
- Enable your Maintenance mode page.
- Disable any / all plugins
- Run update
- Update any plugins that also got updated
- Enable all plugins that you need
- Check for any new issues
- Disable your maintenance mode
Having Problems with this update? then read 3 steps to recover from WordPress website killers
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.