Most people read this post because to find out how to change the Wifi settings on their Android phone. You might be wanting to save battery or figure out how to keep wifi on when your phone screen is off / idle.
It’s very easy to change this setting and I prefer to keep wifi on when the phone is plugged into the mains power, this means your news and rss clients will synced overnight when you’re sleeping.
If you are into [ id=”9″ type=”category”]social media[/] like [ id=”18″ type=”category”]Foursquare[/] or mobile marketing you might like to check out some of my other posts.
How to Keep your Wifi Switched on in Android
This works on Android from early versions like 1.6 to the latest greatest.
- From the home screen - go to System or Settings and
- Select Wireless & Networks.
- Then select wi-fi settings
- Press Menu and choose Advanced.
- Press Wi-Fi Sleep Policy and change to Never when plugged in
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.