So I have had to rebuild my Mac running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard 3 times in the past 2 days after having problems with a t-mobile usb modem which corrupts the hard drive.
Here’s the short list of my favourite, can’t live without em, just got to install them apps:
Best Apps for your Mac
- ClamXav - still the best and most recommended free virus protection for your mac
- Adium - pronounced like stadium, this is the multi chat application for the mac
- Skype - for free calls to the office and home
- Dropbox - for sharing files between the office and clients
- Mac Office 2008 - word, powerpoint and to some extent excel, because all my templates are Office based and the guys in the office use PC’s.
- The Unarchiver - the Mac compression utility is great, this just goes a step further
- Google Quick Search Box - this is only slightly better than Spotlight and its a fork of the Quicksilver code
- VLC - plays any videos you throw at it
- Firefox - the better browser for the mac
PrefPanes and System Tools
AppTrap - deletes the unwanted files from your Mac when you delete an app
Geektool - embeds calendars, notes, the time, temperature in your desktop. Better than Dashboard
Tinkertool - use this if only for the setting to disable the dashboard
Temperature Monitor - from the same guy behind Tinkertool, you’ll want this for the Geektool
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.