In WordPress going mobile is easy … you could actually find that your website theme is already Responsive, so maybe ‘doing nothing’ is a valid answer.
What are your choices to mobilise a WordPress Website?
You have 4 choices
- Choose a Responsive Theme for your site (Responsive adapts for different screen sizes) most work from WooThemes is now responsive.
- Choose a plugin like WPTouchPro which is both plugin and theme)
- Build a second site which you access at m.example.com, this duplicates all the content and has its own theme
- Do nothing - which is valid option if your mobile visitors are using iPads or hi-res smartphones
- there is a 5th option - inform yourself and make your own choice - there are dozens of great books and websites about WordPress & Mobile Web Development like this one from Wrox.
This answer first appeared on WordPress Stack Exchange
Answer by Damien for Strategy for making a mobile version of an existing site?:
(Via User Damien - WordPress Answers - Stack Exchange.)Tags:
Read more from my blog for an introduction and quick tips on developing in Hugo or UCTD.