The second release candidate for the next version of WordPress 3.3 is here.
If you develop stuff and haven’t started testing your plugins or theme, now is the time.
WordPress 3.3 what you can expect
WordPress 3.3 has already had 4 beta releases – so this RC could be the last one. From experience, this is just bug checking, tidy up and fixing last minute security things.
You can expect the real thing before Christmas!
WordPress 3.3 has some cool features – check out my recent post on getting to grips with WordPress 3.3
Should I update to this beta?
As this is a beta you shouldn’t use this on any live site – but it does mean it’s pretty stable and useful.
To install the release candidate you need the WordPress beta updates plugin and then just go to your updates sections.
Before you update any live site – backup
This is very easy to do from any logged-in wp-admin page – but you should always follow a simple process like this:
- Make sure you have a current WordPress database
- Enable your Maintenance mode page.
- Disable any / all plugins
- Run Backup
- Run update
- Update any plugins that also got updated
- Enable all plugins that you need
- Check for any bugs or other issues
- Disable your Maintenance Mode.