Isotope Visual Layouts lite, my free WordPress plugin which adds animated grid layouts to your website has been updated.
What’s New in Version 3.0
- Introduces Metro UI CSS to replace my own custom code
- Updates Isotope jQuery to latest version
Where can I get it?
Isotope Visual Layouts lite is a free plugin – you just need to register and download.
DBC Backup 2, my WordPress plugin to safely backup your website has had a minor update.
DBC Backup 2 build 2.3.25 has just been published to the WordPress Plugin repository and you can update now.
Features / What’s New in DBC Backup 2 build 2.3.25
Fixes – a problem where the settings link didnt work from the WordPress Installed Plugins page
New – help pulldown has been added to the plugin setting page.
If you have any suggestions for future features or comments please let me know 🙂
As part of a new year cleanup, my WordPress plugin Isotope Visual Layouts lite is getting some much needed attention.
The new version of my free plugin for WordPress is currently being tested.
Introduces a flat, clean look thanks to metro.css as the default CSS framework
Tested on WordPress 3.8
DBC Backup 2 is a WordPress plugin that creates backups of your database. DBC Backup 2 has just been update to v2.3.24.
DBC Backup 2 has been completely redesigned and looks great as part of WordPress 3.8.
What’s new in DBC Backup 2
The latest version of DBC Backup 2 includes a number of significant changes
- Support for PHP 5.x – resolves issue which required a manual work around / blocked importing backup files
- Support for MySQL 5.x – switches from mysqlquery to mysqli_query for example
- New layout / visual design in time for WordPress 3.8
- Most PHP error notices have been cleared and fixed.
The next version of DBC Backup 2 is just around the corner – I’ve held it back to better test the backup files and tinker with the admin panel.
So What’s in DBC Backup 2 v2.3?
Key features of this version are
1. Support for SQL server 5.5 and up
2. Removes annoying debug log errors
3. Transitions from mysql to mysqli
4. Admin panel now has a default save location and creates a Backup folder inside WP-Content directory.
5. Admin panel now has a Status panel to let you know that your backup folder is protected
Note – this version requires SQL Server 5.5 or up and may not be compatible with old versions of SQL Server
Testing DBC Backup 2
Testing this version is the hardest yet — this is because the backup file is being changed and there are changes to MySQL as well.
About DBC Backup 2
DBC Backup 2 is one of the easiest to use WordPress database backup tools around. It can be setup to run automatically in the background. The backup files are stored safely on your webserver – this is normally free space provider by your web host.
DBC Backup 2 is one of only a few WordPress plugins that creates its own SQL file. DBC Backup 2 has been downloaded more than 8,000 times.