Isotope Visual Layouts lite, my free WordPress plugin which adds animated grid layouts to your website has been updated.
What’s New in Version 3.0
- Introduces Metro UI CSS to replace my own custom code
- Updates Isotope jQuery to latest version
Where can I get it?
Isotope Visual Layouts lite is a free plugin – you just need to register and download.
I’ve brought a brand new Asus RT-AC66U modem/router and decided that to use my old Netgear N600 ADSL modem/router DGND3700v1 to extend my home network and expand my wireless network.
I’ve put the Netgear in a room where there was poor wifi signal strength and used a powerline (ethernet over power) adapter to connect back to the new main connection.
To get the Netgear to behave like a wireless Access Point and extend my existing network should have been easy. I’d successfully trialled it first with the Asus model.
After I reset the Netgear to factory default its ‘smart setup’ detected that a DHCP client existed yet it still proceeded to enable DHCP and dish out IP addresses to all connected devices. More annoyingly it didn’t pickup that IP addressed assigned it by the master DHCP and insisted on being accessed from the 192.168.0.1 IP address.
I also discovered that you can’t just plugin a LAN cable on the WAN port 🙁 it had to go into the port 4.
So here are the settings that work for me
1. Connect LAN cable from master router modem on port 4 of the Netgear
2. Manually assign IP address to your computer of 192.168.0.2
3. Access the Netgear from the IP address 192.168.0.1
4. From the Basic Settings page change
‘Does your Internet connection require a login?’ to NO
5. Save settings .. reboot and login via the 192.168.0.1
6. Go to Advanced > LAN Setup and change the IP address to the one you really want to use
7. Save settings on last time and change your computers IP address to Dynamic
8. voila! it should all work
DBC Backup 2, my WordPress plugin to safely backup your website has had a minor update.
DBC Backup 2 build 2.3.25 has just been published to the WordPress Plugin repository and you can update now.
Features / What’s New in DBC Backup 2 build 2.3.25
Fixes – a problem where the settings link didnt work from the WordPress Installed Plugins page
New – help pulldown has been added to the plugin setting page.
If you have any suggestions for future features or comments please let me know 🙂
As part of a new year cleanup, my WordPress plugin Isotope Visual Layouts lite is getting some much needed attention.
The new version of my free plugin for WordPress is currently being tested.
Introduces a flat, clean look thanks to metro.css as the default CSS framework
Tested on WordPress 3.8
DBC Backup 2 is a WordPress plugin that creates backups of your database. DBC Backup 2 has just been update to v2.3.24.
DBC Backup 2 has been completely redesigned and looks great as part of WordPress 3.8.
What’s new in DBC Backup 2
The latest version of DBC Backup 2 includes a number of significant changes
- Support for PHP 5.x – resolves issue which required a manual work around / blocked importing backup files
- Support for MySQL 5.x – switches from mysqlquery to mysqli_query for example
- New layout / visual design in time for WordPress 3.8
- Most PHP error notices have been cleared and fixed.